Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Presidential Fairytale

As a Republican I have a working theory that I am trying hard to explain to my VERY Republican husband.  Only I’m getting nowhere.  I don’t think my theory is flawed but then again it very well might be.  Let start by saying this could in no way be admitted until after 2016 and even then it’s scandalous to have even been considered.

(This might sting)  As a loyal Republican I think the best choice for President 2012 is Obama.  Actually the only choice…as of now…for the greater good and future. Now before a tea partier or Libertarian gets bent out of whack, let me explain. ~~think future, think sweet victory and prosperous future for your children…Oooooh, Oooooh (clapping happily) think like a liberal.  You’ll be saving America and not just a tree or a frog or whatever it is this week…you can't top saving AMERICA~~

Imagine 2012…blue, silver and red shining foil confetti flying, balloons floating down with Republican pride and cheers and laughter roar as ‘Hail to the Chief’ plays loudly.  American Republicans have taken Washington BACK from Barack.  America will soon again reign and fears of ‘The Fall of the Dollar’ will no longer awaken President Perry from his cozy naps with Teddy (as in a bear jezz what were you thinking?)

In our almost perfect red, white and blue fairy tale the House and Senate is also Republican controlled.  Perry hard at work and gleefully thinking and slightly bouncing happily… my chair is in the same position The Bill Clinton’s chair sat in and mine has (sneakily snarling)…V-I-B-RATE mode.  A solemn look and heart sinking stab (no it’s not mob related don’t be silly…oh God no don’t kill me it’s a joke…I’m still a little scared) shatters the brief victorious daydream of a future.  As Perry slowly turns and stares hopelessly at the shovel leaning against the wall.  He stands and fighting hard to hold back the tears of real long term defeat and realization of desolation. He grasp the shovel puts is best happy we won face on cheerful strolls his way down to the humongous Pile o' Poop and Dingleberries left behind. He stands alongside Congress as they begin to start shoveling. 

Two years have dragged by…..

A tired stinky Congress and Perry finally stop for a long awaited cigar and brandy.  “Finally we have done it,” someone yells.  “We have made a noticeable change!!”  Back slaps and long need swipes from sweaty bloody brows are replaced by chants of “It’s been two years and this is it?  Is this all you have done for me and mine?  I was better off three years ago.  I still don’t have a GOOD paying job.  I made more looking for work than I do actually doing the work.  You can’t blame the Democrat’s this time. You Republicans have had two plus years in office and Congress and this this is it?”

Dazed and confused no one knew what to say…Perry and Congress stood speechless.  Heavy sunken hearts…blood and sweat tinged eyes and calloused hands the once proud man stood broken and the hope and dream they shared no longer seemed possible.

The moral to this fatal fairy tale:
            Faith in the American individual no longer has a backer.  In my opinion, and trust me I hope I am proven wrong, not many and nowhere near enough individual people will see a big enough change in two short years to believe a Republican President with a Republican majority did enough. They will be unable to fathom the thought…it takes a while to dig your way a path when there’s that much that needs to be moved.  The sweat, blood, tears and back-breaking efforts will be viewed and reported as Republican Spa Day.

            America will flip flop faster than a Presidential candidate.  There lurking as always in the slimy underbelly a fierce flock of new Democrats will descend upon America.  There will be promises and lies unlike any before because Democratic Congressmen (ladies just play the card you won’t shovel.....) know the labored hours and sacrifices that all made, as they stood there shoveling that huge pile united as one.  Fear will fuel the Democratic campaign…fear of standing there with that shovel again.  It will not be four years of hypocrisy it will be eight.

I do not believe that Obama will do as much damage in four years as the most perfect Republican would.  Obama will be golfing, sailing and carefree.  Michelle will have four years of vacation (she’ll need it too can you imagine what a pompousasssss…maners dear my conscience says in my husband’s voice.) I’ll take four years of Obama Skim By tactics…and motto of Nothing in it for me…just ride it out in style.
If Obama wins I have hope.   Not in Obama but Knights in shining amour. Ryan, Christie, Pawlenty, West and with some tweaks Palin.  OMG…I really just got chills.  What an Elite smart group of outstanding Presidential candidates we Republicans would have. 
Flip here….
If Perry wins and I believe he will.  What hope is there?  I don’t see a happily ever after in this Presidential fairytale.
Just as a tiny suggestion…Please send Ron Paul to England as Czar of something or Ambassador how about Czar of Ambassador….they love him.  He would jump on that.

3 comments:

Obamacreatedonejob.com said...

Great read, but can you imagine the damage that could done with 4 more years of reckless politics. It is going to be a nightmare for whoever is in office. I can honestly say for my own sanity, Obama will be defeated. Every time that he speaks I don't hear what he is saying cause I am always distracted by VP.Bidden. I am a very laid back person but MAN... that goofy smirk drives me crazy... Even though I was not a Clinton fan, I could tolerate listening to him. I think the only good thing that would come out of another 4 years of current politics is I would save $700.00 a year on my cable bill. Still Karen, you have excellent points but I think Perry has a chance. Honestly, I would rather have had Michele Bachmann be President but Perry will do.( Or Sen. Paul Ryan)

I am not a Rocket Scientist, but anyone truly serious about fixing the economy would find a way of getting gas around the $2.00 to $2.50 mark. My family spends at least $500.00 a month on that liquid gold. We would have at least $200 a month to support the businesses in our economy.

Keep Blogging... I'll keep Reading

thundercatkp said...

I think Perry will win. I hope that I'm wrong and he will be able to get us back to at least what we was before Obama.

I still think though that he wouldn't do that much damage if re-elected. Only because he doesn't want to be known as the worst President. I believe he would even it out a little and just ride it out.

It makes me a little sick to think of four more years of Obama. But I'm scared when the next election rolls around there won't be enough for a visible change for the American people to...not blame the Republicans.

Joel Farnham said...

Kitten,

It is still too soon to count our chickens. How ever I have said this before, this is very good. :-)

Powered By Blogger